During "Spread Your Wings" days we open our Nature Explore Outdoor Classroom for discovery time and unstructured play. Make use of our Arbor Day-certified play areas . . . build a fort in the Mossy Messy Area, create a nature craft at the Indian Paintbrush Nature Art Area, water vegetables or look for worms in the Peter Rabbit Garden, or build a Fairy House in our Fairy Village. We let the kids take the lead by doing what interests them the most -- we'll provide a safe and nurturing environment. Children of all ages, as young as infants, will enjoy their experience here.
You can bring a snack or pack a picnic lunch. Dress for the weather and wear sunscreen/bug spray as needed. Please leave pets at home.
*We'll be closed on Aug. 19, and Sep. 9.
RESERVATIONS ARE NOW REQUIRED:
"Spread Your Wings" became so popular in 2019 we had several days that were so crowded we did not have enough room to park cars. We are limiting the number of families each Thursday to a comfortable amount so the grounds are not over-crowded, and it will be an enjoyable time for all.
* One family per reservation.
* Register with a $10 deposit. Pay the balance on the day you come. Reservation form says the cost is $20 which is the maximum based on family size. ACTUAL COST is $10 per adult and 1 child, $5 for each additional child; infants free. Maximum $20/family.
* Deposits are not refundable unless you notify us at least 24 hours in advance to allow time for another family to register.
* If we need to cancel due to bad/severe weather, or for some other reason, you will be notified and deposit returned.
* Reservations are now open for the season. We are closed on Aug. 19 and Sep. 9.
* Click the green RESERVE HERE button to register.
A Nature Explore Outdoor Classroom ( one of only 7 in NH), certified by Arbor Day Foundation and Dimensions Educational Research Foundation, Petals in the Pines offers children the opportunity to experience nature in a safe and nurturing environment. Natural "activity centers" are open for children to build, create, move, sing, play make-believe, experiment, learn and enjoy. By connecting children with nature, this type of unstructured play and activity helps increase concentration, develop creativity and problem-solving, and relieve stress. (Not just for the kids, but for the parents who visit too!) In 2015 the editors of NH Magazine selected Petals in the Pines as the Best Outdoor Classroom!
OUR ACTIVITY CENTERS
Little Buds Gathering Area
Johnny Jump-Up Open Area
The Caterpillar Climbing and Crawling Area
Mossy Messy Area
Fairy House Garden Building Area
The Indian Paintbrush Nature Art Area
Canterbury Bells Music & Movement Area
Peter Rabbit Garden
The Hemlock Grove Story Telling Circle
Monarch Maternity Ward